Dear Clarenceville Middle School Students and Families,
I am privileged to have the opportunity to serve as your principal at CMS, and look forward to working collaboratively with our staff, students, and families to ensure that CMS fosters our children academically, socially, and emotionally. The safety and security of our students is my first priority, and I have confidence that our students will rise to the challenge of respectful and responsible behavior in order to maintain a learning environment where academic success can flourish!
The middle school years are critical times of development for our students and families, and it is imperative that we all work together positively to help our students succeed. We are focused on ensuring that each child receives the best education possible, and we have many initiatives focused on building a culture of academic improvement. It is an exciting time, but it can also be challenging with the increase in workloads and the social adjustment to being on a larger campus and having multiple teachers through the course of the day. Students, I encourage you to do the following so you can be successful in your transition and time in middle school:
- Communicate with others in a respectful and meaningful way.
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and challenge yourself to find solutions.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness.
- Contribute to our school community in a collaborative respectful manner.
Parents, please make time to:
- Ask your student(s) specific questions about their time at school. For example, “What was the most interesting thing you did in math class today?” or “Tell me about your science experiment?”
- Use the Parent Portal early and often. The Portal will give you relevant information regarding your child’s performance on their homework, a test or quiz as well as their attendance. Your interest and concern in their school progress will motivate them to do their best.
- Communicate with your child’s teachers and staff members to establish a successful home/school connection.
As we recognize that parents are their children’s first teachers, we need your cooperation and involvement to provide them with the best education possible. Please take the time to communicate with your child about their school experiences, as your interest and concern will help motivate them to do their best.
I believe that strong communication between parents, students, teachers, and administration is key in assisting your children in being the best student they can be. Please be in touch with teachers and administration if you have any questions. Respectful and purposeful communication is the cornerstone of building positive relationships with one another.
I utilize the School Messenger system to send email updates on Friday evenings. It is very important that we have your correct phone numbers and emails on file!
Please visit our webpage for calendar updates! http://www.clarenceville.k12.mi.us/
Stacey S. Lown
Principal, Clarenceville Middle School